Consignment RV Sales Require Preparation by the OwnerJune 11, 2013 3:33 pm
The number one RV purchaser in the nation, SellMyRVToday.com has published a list of items to consider for those considering consignment RV sales to sell their motorhome. Whether an owner is selling an RV to get liquid cash, or because he or she wants to purchase a new RV, a plan must be made on how to sell the old one. There are several options for trading or selling an RV, but in order to actually get the asking price, the RV must be prepared to be shown. Here are some helpful hints that SellMyRVToday.com offers those who are looking to sell an RV:
Inspect the Engine:
• Make sure the engine is clean and dry. There should be no evidence of any fluids leaking.
• The engine should run smoothly and quietly.
• It should accelerate with no delays when driven.
• No smoke should be seen coming from the engine compartment.
• All fluids, including the engine oil, the coolant, the brake fluid, power steering fluid, etc., should all be at normal levels.
Go Over the Exterior and Address any Damage:
• The entire exterior finish should be cleaned and polished.
• Look for any surface scratches and correct them.
• Check the unit for any corrosion. Repair them with a wire brush and spray paint where applicable.
• Check the condition of the tires, and assure they are filled to the proper capacity.
Clean and Sanitize the Interior:
• Clean and vacuum the carpeting and upholstery. If they are heavily soiled, you may be better off having a professional clean them.
• Cleaned and sanitize the refrigerator and the oven. You may need to place a box of baking soda in the fridge to absorb any odors.
• Clean and sanitize the bathroom, and check for any leaky faucets or other plumbing issues.
• Flush and deodorize the water and sewage holding tanks.
• Make up the beds in with nice linens and coverings, and indicate whether or not they will be included in the sales price.
• Vacuum the curtains to be sure they are free of dust.
• Keep the batteries fully charged.
• Keep some water in the freshwater holding tank.
• Top off the propane tanks.
There is another answer to selling an RV, and that is by going directly to a professional RV buyer like SellMyRVToday.com.
SellMyRVToday.com is devoted to one thing; purchasing used RVs quickly and efficiently. They are a website run by one of the largest RV buyers in the country. Just one phone call and you can sell your used RV on the spot. They specialize in buying late model (2002 or newer) recreational vehicles and motorhomes including: Class A, Class B, Class C, Diesel Pushers, etc. SellMyRVToday.com will issue you a fair offer right over the phone, and if that offer is accepted, they will deliver certified funds to you within 2 to 3 days and drive the RV away.
If you are considering selling your used RV, visit SellMyRVToday.com and learn the best way to get the sale done quickly and hassle free.
Tags: consignment RV sales, rv buyers, selling an rv
Categorized in: RV Cooking
Comments are closed here.